Position title: Practice Head
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Supervises: Practice Team
I. Mission of the position:
The Practice Head is responsible for leading the planning and implementation of strategic objectives for a specific Practice area of WWF China Conservation Program. The position holder will provide strategic leadership, represent WWF externally, and manages team members and resources in the Practice. As a member of the Program Coordination Committee, he or she will contribute to ensure the coherence and synergy of the Conversation Program as well as to support the mission of WWF China.
II. Main Responsibilities
• Strategic direction – Establish Practice goals and objectives by being an inspirational leader to the Practice members
• Manage Practice members – Ensure high quality performance of the Practice team members for driving conservation results
• Thought and content leadership – Provide a comprehensive view and expertise on the Practice area by leveraging the best knowledge and ideas sourced both internally and externally
• Outreach to expert communities – Engage with the broader scientific community and represent WWF at events to build a formal community of experts and partners
• Influence key actors – Work to change the behavior and policies of key stakeholders and build strategic partnerships with them
• Resources Mobilization – Manage resources assigned to the Practice and be responsible for necessary reporting and evaluation. Support international and domestic fundraising initiatives.
• External relationship building – Foster close relationships with key players within business, governments, international organizations, NGOs, institutions, foundations and communities
• Internal relationship building – Engage with other Practice Heads, the Leadership Team, the Management Team, functional heads in WWF China, as well as other relevant conservation and operations staffs in the WWF Network.
The responsibilities are carried out by leading the Practice Team in developing the long-term Practice Strategy. The strategy should aim to focus and energize WWF Network and external investments and resources toward WWF China’s Critical Contribution to the attainment of the Global Goal and Outcomes. The Practice Head will also lead by example in cultivating a result-driven, externally-focused, collaborative, and accountability working culture. This will include shifting the focus of the organization from multiple individual programmatic silos to an integrated and holistic organizational development approach.
Furthermore, a crucial element of the job is the promotion and emphasis on innovation in order to achievement conservation impact at scale. Finally, the Practice Leader must work towards regular and meaningful collaboration with other Practices, external partners and the broader WWF organization.
Required Skills and Competencies:
Qualified candidates for this position will need to demonstrate the following critical competences:
• Strategic orientation: Possess strong strategic understanding, analytical and conceptual thinking abilities and skills at defining and communicating a pragmatic plan with broad impact that extends beyond his or her area.
• Collaboration & Influencing: Creates constructive relationships with all levels of management and engages others to make joint decisions. In addition, fosters collaboration beyond the organization to establish a culture of enduring partnerships with internal and external actors.
• Team Leadership & Building Organizational Capability: Has strong managerial ability as demonstrated by success in supporting, recruiting, developing, and retaining a talented global team. Develops long-term capabilities of others and the organization.
• Results Orientation: Demonstrates an orientation toward proactively identifying challenges, establishing priorities, and implementing viable solutions as well as fluidity at championing evolving priorities and direction for the organization.
• Change Leadership: Is an inspirational change agent with knowledge of developing a globally integrated organisation both relating to culture/people and systems/processes. Must possess strong communication skills, which facilitates success in working across a large and complex organisation to build on-going support for major changes.
• University degree in Environmental/ Conservation science;
• Further qualifications in environmental affairs and/or business management would be an advantage;
• Proven conservation leadership;
• Proven track record of managing internal and external stakeholders to influence and drive change;
• Clear evidence of driving conservation delivery;
• Evidence of championing conservation science and innovation;
• Fluent Chinese and English.
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Critical and strategic thinking with a results focus;
• Strong management and people development skills;
• Broad global perspective and vision to identify advances in conservation science and awareness of geopolitical and economic trends that may compromise conservation delivery;
• Superlative diplomatic and communication skills with an ability to communicate with impact, and exert influence across a broad spectrum of individuals (government representatives, donors, public figures, staff);
• Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
世界自然基金会（瑞士）北京代表处 设立时间：1996年 专职工作人员数：122 外籍工作人员数：3 业务范围：生态环境保护和可持续发展项目的筹划、设计、实施和推广等工作。 业务主管单位：国家林业局 世界自然基金会（WWF）是在全球享有盛誉的、最大的独立性非政府环境保护组织之一，自1961年成立以来，WWF一直致力于环保事业，在全世界拥有将近520万支持者和一个在100多个国家活跃着的网络。 WWF在中国的工作始于1980年的大熊猫及其栖息地的保护，是第一个受中国政府邀请来华开展保护工作的国际非政府组织。1996年，WWF正式成立北京办事处，此后陆续在全国九个城市建立了办公室。发展至今，共拥有120多名员工，项目领域也由大熊猫保护扩大到物种保护、淡水和海洋生态系统保护与可持续利用、森林保护与可持续经营、可持续发展教育、气候变化与能源、野生物贸易、科学发展与国际政策等领域。 自从1996年成立北京办事处以来，WWF共资助开展了100多个重大项目，投入总额超过3亿元人民币。 WWF的使命是遏止地球自然环境的恶化，创造人类与自然和谐相处的美好未来。 为此我们致力于： 保护世界生物多样性； 确保可再生自然资源的可持续利用； 推动降低污染和减少浪费性消费的行动； 我们的期待: 未来将有更多热爱环保，热爱自然的你加入我们！ .................................................... 世界自然基金会（瑞士）北京代表处 地址:北京市劳动人民文化宫东门内文华宫1609室 邮编:100006 总机:65116211 传真:65116222 网址:http://www.wwfchina.org -----------------------------------
|Project Officer - WWF Ivory Trade||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Programme officer of Pulp & Paper, Forest Programme, CGSI, WWF||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Practice Head of Green Finance||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Receptionist 前台||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Officer of Panda Programme (Sichuan), WWF||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||四川||2017-02-23|
|Senior Officer of Panda Programme (Gansu), WWF||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||陕西||2017-02-23|
|Officer/Senior Officer of Species Programme_Amur Tiger and Far-east Leopard (物种项目专员/高级项目专员)||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||吉林||2017-02-23|
|Senior Accountant – Account Payable||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Tech. & Info. Programme Officer , WWF||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||吉林||2017-02-23|
|Manager of Species Programme||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Chief Program Officer||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Senior Manager/Manager, The Climate Reality Project Program||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Senior Programme Officer of Sustainable Plantation of Forest Programme, CGSI, WWF||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Senior Officer, Project Finance||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Practice Head of Climate & Energy||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Partnership and Development Director||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Officer/Senior Officer of Freshwater Programme (淡水项目专员/高级项目专员)||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||吉林||2017-02-23|
|Manager of Policy & Research, C&E Programme, WWF||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Officer of Species Programme||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||北京||2017-02-23|
|Officer/Senior Officer of Species Programme_Snow Leopard (物种项目专员/高级项目专员)||世界自然基金会 (WWF)||吉林||2017-02-23|